Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of Harrisonburg/Rockingham County cares about your property restoration. In most water damage situations, excessive mold growth is not a problem and we can safely restore your building and or home to preloss conditions. The need to address the presence of mold can only be determined an on-site, indoor environmental inspection. On the other hand, there are things that can be done to defend against mold growth.
Here are some tips for defending against mold growth (prompt mitigation is vital to avoid mold growth which can be visible in as little as 24 to 48 hours under certain conditions):
-Keep the humidity between 30 to 60 percent.
-Provide for proper draining away from building foundations.
-Regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks.
-Keep gutter and drains clear of debris.
-Inspect the roof, windows, and other areas where water might enter the building, and perform necessary maintenance.
-Respond to all water intrusions immediately.
-Contact your SERVPRO of Harrisonburg/Rockingham County for assistance after water damage or if you discover mold.
If you think you might have a mold problem, call SERVPRO of Harrisonburg/Rockingham County at 540-433-6100.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (540) 433-6100
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Harrisonburg / Rockingham County for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Harrisonburg / Rockingham County has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Mount Crawford