Water Damage Timeline
Timeline for the Water Damage Restoration Process
Flooding and water damage can occur for a number of reasons. It can happen very quickly and with very little notice. SERVPRO of Harrisonburg arrives swiftly and starts the water extraction process for your property almost immediately. This prompt response time helps to minimize the damage, cleaning, and restoration costs needed after such an event.
- Water quickly spreads throughout the property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and other belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods begin to swell and warp.
Hours 1 to 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
After 48 Hours:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost may increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Harrisonburg/Rockingham
SERVPRO of Harrisonburg/Rockingham specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. Give us a call if you have any questions or concerns at (540) 433-6100.